Hunger Ministry is sponsoring a diaper drive from now until January 31 to assist Redeemer Hunger & Crisis Center meet the needs of its clients.
Throughout 2022, Board Chairman Andrew Margolius announced that Hunger Network encountered new challenges to feed our community with escalating food costs and supply chain issues. However, together, we built on our collective strengths to provide for our neighbors when they needed us most and continued to grow our food and nutrition outreach.
- Our pantry managers and volunteers worked tirelessly on the front lines to reassure folks and provide the safety net that so many people increasingly need.
- Our Food Rescue Heroes rescued 25% more food this year than we did last year to decrease food insecurity and redirect food that would have otherwise gone to waste.
- We opened MidTown Market, a grocery-styled choice pantry serving those in need with healthy, nutritious, culturally appropriate foods and personal care items.
- During December our team, partners and volunteers have been delivering and distributing 4,300 chickens directly in our underserved neighborhoods to grateful families who were overjoyed to receive a holiday meal.
Hunger Network CEO Julie M. Johnson is excited to announce the 35th Annual Walk for Hunger & 5K Run!
This year’s hybrid event offers the best of both worlds — you can choose how you would like to participate — either in-person or virtually so no one misses out on the fun and “fun”draising! We hope that you will join us on Saturday, June 3, 2023 whether it be virtually or in person at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
Mary & Chico are excited too…
You can join us and the Hunger Warriors aka Lutherans Against Hunger Walk/Run Team at the Zoo, become a Silver Sponsor for a gift of $500, make a donation to the Team or a member of the team, or Join the Team.
Simply visit hungernetwork.org and register by scrolling all the way down, select upcoming events, then select Walk for Hunger & 5K Run.
Registration Choices Include:
- Walker & Observer for $10 and no shirt (Walker that donates $30 will receive a t-shirt),
- Runner at $30 for t-shirt
- Family of 5 Walker Package for $75 and 5 t-shirts
- Virtual Runner for $30 in which you pick up your t-shirt at designated pick-up sites.
In order to obtain a t-shirt, the registration must be done by May 15, 2023.
All registrations include a free day at the Zoo. Any questions, call Mary at 440-871-7067 or email at email@example.com
HUNGER MINISTRY URGENTLY NEEDS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Peanut butter
- Grape jam
- Corned beef
- Mac & Cheese
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Canned soups
- Canned tuna with pull tops
- Canned sliced peaches
- Canned chicken Breast
- Cereal & Oatmeal variety packs
- Spam & Brookdale luncheon meat
- Ramen Noodles & Wide Noodles
- Snack for children
- and whatever non-perishable items you have extra of
Thank you all for helping!
– Love, Mary and Chico