Join us Saturday June 3, 2023 for the 35th Annual Walk for Hunger & 5K Run at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
YOU & Your Entire Family – Join together for a fun, family-filled day to help over 40,000 Clevelanders (30% served are children) in need receive emergency food and/or a hot meal at a Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland Hunger Center or Hot Meal Site.
The Walk for Hunger & 5K Run is the Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland’s (HNGC) signature event.
Nearly 1000 participants gather annually to raise funds to assist the Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland to meet the increased summer demands for food.
Every $1 raised at the 35th Annual Walk for Hunger & 5K Run can be leveraged to provide 4 nutritious meals.
Prizes are awarded to the top 3 fastest runners, both male and female age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+. The Top 3 Individuals and 3 Top Team Fundraisers also receive awards.
Where & When
Saturday, June 3, 2023 at The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland, OH 44109
Parking is FREE at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
Check-in begins at 7:30 AM
5K Chip-timed Run begins at 8:30 AM
Walk begins at 9:00 AM
All registrations include a free day at the Zoo
Sponsorships in memory or in honor of a relative or friend for the 34th Annual Walk for Hunger & 5K Run are available at many levels including the Silver Sponsor level for $500 (One can pay $100 a month for five months or $500 in one check to become a sponsor or in memory/honor of a relative/friend). Contact Hunger Network’s Melanie O’Donnell at email@example.com or Mary & Chico at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order a Custom Sign
- Visit the Walk for Hunger website and click “Donate”
- Make a donation of $35 or more. In the “Share a Public Comment” section, note what you would like your message to be.
- That’s it! The signs will be placed along the route by Hunger Network volunteers on the day of the event.
Sign Up and Join the Hunger Warriors Team
- Click on the button below, or visit hungernetwork.org/get-involved/events/
- Set up a PledgeIt account, select how you want to participate, provide the information requested, and make your donation.
- When asked, make sure to select “join a team” and then select “Hunger Warriors / St. Paul Lutheran Hunger Ministry” from the list.
- If you have questions, contact Melanie O’Donnell at the Hunger Network:
- Phone: 216-619-8155 x118
- Email: email@example.com